Thursday, June 08, 2006

Update on my quest for a master's degree (2)

Calloo callay! Today I received an unconditional offer of a place on MA Educational Studies course. I feel ridiculously pleased about this. Whether or not I am able to go forward with the studies (finances, you understand), the fact that, without a B Hons degree, I have managed to piece together enough scraps of formal education along the way to qualify for entry has got me grinning like an idiot.

I'll have to figure out why it is that I am so pleased with myself about this. Perhaps I feel as if I have been able to buck the system. Perhaps it's the validation of being evaluated and found worthy - I know, I know: it sounds pompous, but perhaps that's what it is.

Whatever the reason and with no regard for how my feelings might have changed tomorrow, this is me doing a little hooray-hop!


No comments: