Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Big Question for December

Over at the Learning Circuits blog, the big question for December is... correction, the big questions for December are:

What will you remember most about 2006?
What are the biggest challenges for you/us as head into 2007?
What are your predictions for 2007?

Since the most notable events of my year had little to do with my professional life, I'm tempted to handle this from a purely personal perspective, but fear not, I shall resist. To put things into context, I am a learning solutions designer. So...

What will you remember most about 2006?
  • The opportunity to create resources that didn't involve linear navigation (wahey!)
  • The publication of George's book Knowing Knowledge
  • The terrifying (first hand) discovery that many UK primary school teachers are really pants at maths
What are the biggest challenges for you/us as head into 2007?
  • Trying to persuade more paying clients to allow us to create learner-driven resources
  • Creating learner-driven resources that add more value than Google and wikipedia
  • Finding ways to accommodate and even capitalise on the first instinct of learners in the workplace to ask the bloke at the next desk
What are your predictions for 2007?
You know, I don't really feel bold enough to make predictions. I don't know enough!
  • I hope that we see more use of ICT in general and social media in particular in schools, and in learning as a whole
  • I hope that education authorities the world over start to revise their ideas based on input from universities and employers... especially employers
  • I hope that workplace-based learners will become increasingly pro-active in respect of their learning
Writing skills

No comments: