Monday, March 19, 2007

Change of name

It has come to my attention that there is another Karyn out there with a blog which she has used to raise money to get herself out of financial trouble. While I bear her no ill will, I don't want this blog being confused with hers. I decided to change my blog name to something that gave a clearer indication of what a reader might expect to find in my posts.

I asked my family for some suggestions for new names. They weren't a great deal of help. They just came up with a whole bunch of puns on my name. You see, while Scandinavians and Germanics have no trouble with the long "a" sound in my first name, it totally flummoxes British, North American and Antipodean English speakers who all naturally opt for the shorter version. In order to give people something to hang onto when trying to get their tongues around the simple but unexpected vowel sounds, we have adopted a few tactics which my younger son alluded to when suggesting "Karyn the Garage". My elder son suggested "Karyn Surance", while my tactless husband suggested "Karyn Full Spate".

Fat lot of use, I'm sure you'll agree!

Anyway, I hope that the new title suits the content.

No comments: