Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tagged with the goal meme

I have been tagged with the goal meme by Lynn. The idea is to list your goals and then to tag five other people. So here goes:

I am currently studying part time towards an MA in Education. I aim to finish that by October 2009. I am actually currently on track to finish a year early in October next year, but I don't want to put myself under undue pressure. The dissertation bit is a big ask! Apart from the MA, there is so much other learning I want to do. I want to make the most of learning opportunities that come my way, and to make opportunities to learn where they might not necessarily exist.

I hope to see more people become involved in this ongoing conversation that is Web 2.0, particularly the edublogosphere. I aim to do my best to make known the opportunities for disproportionate professional development. It bothers me that so few learning professionals have been bitten by the learning bug themselves. I don't understand how a learning professional can not be passionate about their own learning.

I want to make some changes to my job role, somehow regaining contact with learners. After 17 years of face-to-face contact with learners, two years without them has been too long. The thing is, I have had ample opportunity to go back to life as a full-time delivery consultant, but that's not what I want, either. I like the world of blended learning. Hmm. How to find a way to combine the two.

Since I started studying, I have allowed my exercise regime to slip and I have gained weight and lost condition. I keep promising to fix both those things. It's really simple: eat less, exercise more. The trick is finding the will!

I aim to go back to South Africa for a holiday next year with my husband and sons. I hope to spend a week on the east coast with my parents, and then to undertake the long trip down to Cape Town where some members of my husband's family live. In spite of all my talk about how I no longer belong in South Africa, I am worried that I will find it hard to leave Cape Town. I moved there 20 years ago this year, and it very quickly claimed my heart - it still has it, even 8 years after leaving, and there is just something about that mountain. I am one of many Capetonians who refer to it as "my mountain", but my devotion to that landmark runs so deep that even my friends call it "Karyn's mountain".

Okay - I think five is enough. So who shall I tag next? Apologies if any of those listed below have already been tagged earlier in the meme!

Artichoke

Mark Oehlert


Michael Gorey

Dave Cormier

Harold Jarche

4 comments:

Claudia Ceraso said...

Thank you for pointing me here.

It is indeed difficult to combine our varied professional and personal interests. It's just one life, isn't it.

Re that mountain, claim it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Claudia

The physical mountain I have scaled many times, the metaphorical one, well... that's another story!

Mark said...

Karyn,

One of my goals it to get around to responding to this! Seriously, like tomorrow. :-)

Mark

Anonymous said...

hi Karyn ...
my Name Is Sasan From Iran
I View your web site
Very Attractive And beautiful

www.kg.persianblog.ir
see you