Sunday, October 07, 2007

Okay, this is just TOO cool

Thanks to Dave Snowden for the pointer to this post. It's one of those things that just makes chemistry jump up and smack you between the eyes with how exciting it is!

I watched the embedded video clips while while also watching the South Africa v Fiji rugby quarter final, and totally annoyed my family by shrieking delightedly and clapping my hands while nothing of note was happening on the rugby field.

Why can't learning always be like this: a joyful romp of discovery?

And notice how much fun the "teacher" is having, too. It reminds me how within days of moving to Cape Town in 1987, I met my husband who took it upon himself to show me the sights. He knew them very well, but they came alive for him all over again as he saw them through my eyes. Every new batch of learners should do that for us, should reawaken the delight that made us decide to become learning providers of whatever description.

No comments: