Friday, May 22, 2009

pic of the day - taste and swap


Tonight our ladies' group had a taste and swap evening. We brought dishes we'd made for each other to taste and things we didn't want any more for others to take. The deal with the dishes was to bring several copies of the recipe for others to take if they liked your dish. I forgot that bit until I was leaving the house, so I grabbed my recipe book, which you can see in the top right hand corner of the picture. It's an A4 indexed book which I have had for about 25 years, and it contains loose scraps of paper, recipes cut out of books, recipes written in by hand. Every now and again, I make a start on doing something more high tech with the contents, but I always come back to this book. It has become a treasured possession.

The dish I made was the fridge tart in the black dish with the silver server. Half of it had gone already when I took this photo. It was a complete hit. In fact, in top left corner of the picture, you can see someone testing it.

No comments: